I became a Christian in 1980. I had grown up going to church every week but I was not a Christian, even though I had heard the Gospel while I was growing up. I joined the Army in 1977 and ended up at the 399th Army Band at Fort Leonard Wood in 1978. I made a good friend in my unit that attended a local Baptist church. He challenged me to find in the Bible where we are supposed to baptize infants. We had a newborn and were going to get her baptized. I looked in the Bible and could not find it anywhere. I started attending Maranatha Baptist Church on Sunday mornings. After a few months, I came to the point where I asked Jesus Christ to be my personal Savior. I had come home from church and found that my wife had just accepted Christ. Three days later, I did too. That was in May of 1980.
The fllowing is what is known as the Roman's Road. It is a series of Bible verses that clearly present the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is mostly from the book of Romans!
A. First, we must see that if they do not have Christ, they are lost and do not have life. A person also needs to know that they are a sinner. That means that we have done at least one thing wrong in our life.
1. (1 John 5:12 KJV)He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
(1 John 5:13 KJV) These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
2. (Rom 3:10 KJV) As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one
3. (Rom 3:23 KJV) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God
B. Second, we must realize that because of that sin, they deserve death in Hell as punishment for those sins. We need to repent of those sins. That means to get God's vewipoint on them and be sorrowful because of them. God hates sin, and we should too. God will help us in this, but before He can, we need to come to Him. Read the next steps.
4. (Rom 5:12 KJV) Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned
5. (Rom 6:23a KJV) For the wages of sin is death;
C.Third, we need to see that God has provided a way and given us a gift, so that we can still come to Him. That way is through faith Jesus Christ, and Him alone.
6. (Rom 5:8 KJV) But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
(Rom 5:9 KJV) Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
7. (Rom 6:23b KJV) ... but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
D. Fourth, we need to see that just knowing that Christ died for us is not enough. We have to call on Him to become our personal Savior and Lord. Remember that being a member of any type of church is NOT going to get you to Heaven, or how much you work to get there.
8. (Rom 10:13 KJV) For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
9. (Rom 10:9 KJV) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
(Rom 10:10 KJV) For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
10. (Mat 10:32 KJV) Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
11. (Eph 2:8 KJV) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
(Eph 2:9 KJV) Not of works, lest any man should boast.
You have to decide, and you can be saved right now. If you pray and ask Christ to be you Savior, He will do that. Review the verses above. Repent and confess to God that you are a sinner, lost and worthy of Hell and that you want Him to save you now. Remember what He said in 1 John-"He that hath the Son hath life"
Baptist History- This site has a tremendous amount of information. It has biographies, statements of faith, history, etc.
Baptist International Missions Inc
Bob Jones University- This is where my daughter, Danielle, goes to college.